Wednesday, January 1, 2014

32 Weeks

Another week down! Each week we get through now is a blessing. I really think the twins will make it til their c-section date. But realistically if we can make it to 35 or 36 weeks they will likely avoid the NICU which is the ultimate goal. That being said...babies just stay put for 3 more weeks!!! Besides....we still don't know what to call you so you need to give us time for that :) I feel like this week I my belly has really started to stick out even further. Like byebye cute basketball pregnancy look and hello big freaking belly! Some of my maternity clothes are starting to get tight....no way am I buying more for 6 weeks (or less). Looks like I will be wearing the same few things these last few weeks! On the bright side my winter coat still zips......barely....but it does!

I look bigger then what I am....you can't really see the top of the bump so I look much larger here


Still pretty tiny from the front...I'm managing to be the pregnant lady you can't tell from the back and then BAM babies from the side.....who would have though that was possible with twins!


Weeks along: 32 weeks

Trimester: THIRD!

Frequency of OB appointments: Weekly. This week was also the start of our weekly stress test and ultrasounds at the hospital. In addition we have our weekly OB appointment and still see the high risk doctor. These twins sure get a lot of checking up on them! 

How I'm feeling: Dizziness and lightheadedness is getting worse again. Back pain is horrible if I don't wear my maternity belt (forgot that the other day at work....will not be making that mistake again). Really tired. Having Braxton Hicks contractions numerous times a day now

Total Weight Gain:  27.5 pounds

Babies are the size of: a large Jicama (whatever that is). My belly measures full term now....it is going to be freaking huge by the time they come out in 6 weeks

Movement: Stronger movements. They really like to move in the morning and after dinner. Usually one starts it, then they calm down just as they wake their twin up who will then move like crazy. 

Cravings:  Pineapple

Sleep: Still sleeping without the need for extra pillows. 

Wedding ring: On

Stretch marks: Nada!! 

Belly button: Innie! *But its a tight innie!! 

Bedrest/Restrictions: No change at this point, still only can work 4 days a week and need to take it easy on weekends. 

What I miss: Being able to eat raw cookie or brownie dough! Making brownies is not as fun if you can't lick the bowl!

Best part of the week:  Ed's birthday was over the weekend! Crazy that its the last birthday he'll have without kids! We had a low key weekend but managed to go to dinner twice to celebrate. Also had our first non-stress test (babies passed no problem). It was in the same part of the hospital we will deliver in, was nice to walk around that area and see how friendly the staff was and what a great place it will be to deliver

New Baby Gear:  Bought each baby a Valentines Day bib since they will be here by then! Also got them each a Valentines outfit. Baby books arrived, they are SO cute!  

What I'm looking forward to this week: New Years Eve and getting our hospital bags packed.....just in case. I'm so lucky to have some great friends who have already had kids and some have had c-sections too. I've been able to pick their brains on hospital bags so I can bring everything I"ll need and ask all my c-section questions. Also going to finally make the hairbow and headband holder for baby girl, hopefully it turns out good!! 

Whats left to do before twins comePick names, Hang nursery artwork, pack hospital bags, get a plan together for Mav in case babies come before the 10th. Start the search for the Nanny. Pamper myself ;) Enjoy the last few nights of sleeping through the night! Spoil Maverick rotten!! 

Will try to take some nursery pictures for one of these next posts since its done :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment