Friday, April 13, 2012

Powder Room Renovation!

Ever since we moved into our house I've had a running list of things we would be eventually changing....landscape tweaks and new living room and hall lights were at the top of the list. Now that we had that done, it was time to start thinking about the next renovation. I have always disliked the pedestal sink in our powder room. I wanted a vanity with storage so I didn't have to keep things in bins and eventually when we have kids could safely store (and lock) away the cleaning supplies. I also wanted a pop of color somewhere in the house since most of the house is shades of browns/tans. Janet and John were planning to come up to visit, and luckily for us John is super handy around the house. They asked if we had anything we wanted to do around the house so John knew what tools to bring.....I asked if he could install a sink and when I got yes at the answer, there was no turning back. 

Now if you know me at all, once I get an idea in my head for our house there is NO turning back and generally I have the whole thing done within a week. Poor Ed always gets sucked into these "brilliant" ideas :) Well the idea got planted in my head, John and Janet were coming in 5 days....that meant crunch time. We had 5 days to agree on a color for the bathroom, paint it, and buy the new sink and vanity. We finally settled on a pretty red color so that Wednesday and Thursday we washed walls and painted them after work. Of course before doing this we ripped the sink out, Ed did a great job and it ended up being easier then we thought. 

We forgot to think one small detail through.....buy new sink THEN rip out old sink. Oh well....guess that really meant we couldn't turn back as now we had a room without a sink and something was going in that spot! We frantically shopped for the perfect Vanity for 2 days. We finally found one we both loved. That Satuday Ed and John spent a good 4-5 hours installing the new vanity and hardware. It was easier said then done but each hurdle they found, they found a solution. So now we have a beautiful new Powder Room. We are still looking for the perfect mirror but I am so happy with how it turned out. Thanks so much John & Ed!!!
Here are a few pictures!

BEFORE

Goodbye sink!

1 coat of paint done, LOVING the red

Vanity is in, now to do the plumbing

Love the new faucet

Vanity/Sink ready to go

New TP holder

New Towel Rod, goodbye ugly gold one

New Powder Room! Mirror still needs to change but love how it turned out!!
 

1 comment: