Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mom and Dad visit plus updates to the basement!

Two weekends ago my parents came up to visit and see American Idiot the Musical with us. Mom got in Wednesday night and the plan was to go shopping and get pedicures on Thursday. Unfortunately I woke up with the flu and we were stuck inside all day while I whined on the couch. It was nice having someone take care of me though, thanks mom! :) Mav also loved having Grandma to play with him when his mom was incapable. By the end of the day I was pretty much chopped liver to him!

Friday I started feeling better and dad flew in that morning. He was supposed to get in Thursday night but since we were already off to a stellar start to the weekend with me being sick, the plane Gods decided to add to the fun and canceled his flights Thursday. Luckily he got in on the first flight in the morning. We lounged around the house and then met Ed downtown for lunch at the Burger Bar. I LOVE that place, anywhere you can get a side of tator tots with your burger is okay with me! After we shopped downtown for a bit and then swung by a few golf shops on the way home.

Friday night we hit up my new favorite restaurant in Minneapolis, Peninsula, it is southeast asian cuisine and so good/authentic. Mom and Dad were a little torn on ordering b/c there were too many good options. We settled on pineapple chicken, chicken satay, thai egg rolls, and beef chow fun. So yummy and now I'm even more ready for the big trip next week and all the amazing food that will come with it!

Saturday we did some light shopping and that night tried out Murrays steakhouse downtown, had never been there before. My mom remembered that her dad used to always say how good of a place it was and that he used to eat there a lot. Well Grandpa was right, the food was delicious! There was also a piano player while we were there. Here are a few pics from dinner:






After dinner it was time for American Idiot!!! It really was a great show. If you don't like Green Day you would not like this play. I think some of the people with season tickets to the theaters were not quite expecting this type of show. It was 90 minutes and no intermission. Lots of great songs. At the end, the entire cast sang "time of your life" and played guitars. Very cool ending. If you like Green Day I highly recommend!!

Mom and dad left Sunday :( It was fun having them here. Makes it much easier to say bye knowing we see them again soon for vacation! After they left Ed and I went to Brunch and then he took Mav to the park and I started building our new TV stand for the basement. It turned out SO good. It was time to replace the stand down there that was 6 years old. I also changed out some of the pillows on the couches by updating them with new yellow pillow case from Pottery Barn. Love how it looks down there now! Now the big question is what to redecorate or renovate next in the house....I'm thinking main floor bathroom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment